Friday, June 10, 2011

5-year Marist Reunion

Ironically, enough my 5 year college reunion is fast approaching It is coming up on September 23-25, 2011. My boyfriend and  I will be staying at a Hilton Garden Inn for the festivties. It should be fun becasue I will get to re vistit my favorte college hangouts, and hangout at the ever newish bar/lounge Shadows. This is a pretty trendy and upscale place for such a crappy area (Poughkeepsie, New York). Since I was only an hour a way and I dated a really horrible guy who lived in New Paltz after college, I attended this hot spot more than my other Marist friends who simply do not know about it ( http://www.shadowsonthehudson.com/).
A few of my Marist friends are going but not everyone. It is crazy to look back at the last five years of my life wondering what I have been doing all this time.........

However, I am super excited to catch up with friends I have lost touch with and see old friends who I rarely ever see. I am also really excited to hear what everyone is up to. A few jobs later and a few boyfriends later, I will be back at Marist telling my former classmates about what I am up to now. I will share some of my Boston stories and discuss my Master's program in Integrated Marketing Communciations program at Suffolk University where I also work as a graduate assistant and the Director of Marketing Communications for the Graduate Student Association. I will also enjoy telling them about the Junior League of Boston, an organization I am passionate about. I will tell them how I will be on the American Girl Fashion Show committee and will serve as the social media manager for the 2011-2012 year.

I am also super excited to introduce everyone to my boyfriend of almost a year who is a truly amazing guy who would make any Marist Alumna proud.  Last summer, I had shown Brian around the campus and he really enjoyed Marist College. However, this was when I did not know anyone on campus other than professors. He will now get to see old friends, and the excitement Marist College brings to everyone in the Fall. They have a lot of fun events and we will try to get as many of them as possible! I can not wait and hope a lot of my friends will make the trip for what promies to be a truly eventful weekend!

Check out for a list of the weekend events: http://www.marist.edu/alumni/home2011.html 

1 comment: