Monday, June 6, 2011

Recap of the Bday Weekend

Bday Party  
Ahhh another birthday. I am a bit crazy with my birthday. I plan it months in advance and send out Evites way to early. However, I do this simply because I like to see my friends and a lot of my friends live in New York. This is the third big birthday party I had in Boston. Typically, I have had it in either New York City or Delmar, New York. I had a great turnout this year but I really missed a lot of my Marist College friends who were busy with other things primarily weddings. Indeed, the first weekend in June was a huge wedding weekend! This was an especially important birthday because on of my best friends is moving to LA to pursue a career as a musician so it would be perhaps the last birthday celebration with me in Boston. 

This years festivties were held at Stephanie's on Newbury Street ( http://www.stephaniesonnewbury.com/ and the Mini Bar).

I knew that Stephanie's is crazy over priced but I found it very difficult to find a place that could fit 18 people. The food is very good at Stephanie's, I got a cheeseburger and was very happy with it. However, what I did not like was that my boyfriend brought me a cake, and they charge $1.50 per person. This is both crazy, offensive and completely unecessary! The bill was over five hundred dollars and it was very aggrevating since we were spending all that money to be charged extra for cake!!!!!!!!!!! Overall, people seemed very happy with the place though and enjoyed his or her meal. My birthday guests were incredibly full and found it difficult to eat the cake though!

After dinner, we went to Mini Bar. Mini Bar is an interesting place because it is both really trendy and has a variety of people that drink at the place. The crowd is never the same and often in this case they do not play music. The crowd was not that great, and the atmosphere was a bit uneventful without music, but the guests at my party made up for it! It was great to see some of my friends I rarely see and it was even better seeing my boyfriend of almost a year interacting with my various friends from a variety of different places in my life. He got along well with everyone, which made me very happy. Although, I was a bit worried to see how everything would play out with a lot of different types of personalities, everyone got along great and had fun! Overall, the party was a huge success.

June 3, 2011


On my actual bday of June 3rd, my parents and I went on a whale watch through the Boston Harbor Cruise. It was crazy because we actually waited on the wrong line because the ticket lady led us to believe we were on the same cruise as 100 7th and 8th graders, so we followed them. As we were boarding the boat, we realized we were on the wrong one and proceeded to sprint to our actual cruise. Never a dull moment in my life. The Boston Harbor Cruises have a policy where you can get a rain check if you do not see a whale. We thought we saw four, but then found out it was the same whale. It was freezing on the cruise so we kept running from the inside of the boat to the outside. At least we did not get sea sick! Just slightly.........

For lunch I went to the North End with my parents at Bella Vista, a cute, non-touristy, reasonablly priced resturant. My parents and I have an obsession with this place because it simply put has the best Italian food in Boston in our opinion. I always get the chicken picatta, partly because I am a boring eater, but mainly because it is the best thing I ever tasted. My boyfriend, then took me to the South End for dinner a lot later. Still full from lunch, I still managed to wolf down my meal at Stella's. Stella's in the South End is another place I would highly reccomend! It is pretty reasonable as well, and is really amazing!

I will be at the gym  and running every single day this week, working off the three amazing bday meals, cake and drinks!
Deanna Bushart

No comments:

Post a Comment