Monday, June 6, 2011

Hockey Dilemma


Everyone that knows me from my childhood and teenage years has known I am a massive New Jersey Devil fan. Growing up, I would watch all playoff games and a lot of regular season games and would literally cry when my team would lose in the playoffs.My childhood room was decorated with New Jersey Devil plaques, bobbleheads and collages. This was a big odd considering what a girly girl I was back then and still am. Regarldess, I was one of the rare girls who was fashion obessed and passionate about hockey. That is the story of my life.  Even though the New Jersery Devils won 3 Stanley Cups during the time I was a very hard core fan, they still had a lot of disapointments such as trading away a lot of my favorite players. During recent years the New Jersey Devils have aliented me a bit, by trading away pretty much every player I have liked and really eliminating who I like on the team. Although, I am very loyal to this team and have worked for the Albany River Rats, and dream of working in Marketing and Community Relations for a hockey team I was faced with the dilemma of whom to root for in the playoffs.

Although, I have never offically been a fan of anyone other than the New Jersey Devils and the Colorado Avalanche, I have decided for the playoffs, since I live in Boston, I would root for the Boston Bruins. I liked the Bruins when Cam Neeley, Adam Oates and Ray Borque played for them and they are a likeable team this season. The Bruins are a huge underdog to the Vancouver Canucks and I really think winning would be great for the city of Boston. As a die heart hockey fan I would love to attend  a Stanely Cup Victory parade in my new home of Boston. However, they have to get through the Canucks in order to accomplish this. I have also decided since I want to work in hockey I would write my social media audit on our local team the Boston Bruins. It is great to see Boston so excited about the playoffs, and I loved the ducks that have Bruins jerseys on them in the Boston Common. The State House and the Four Seasons of Boston also has Bruins on them. So for now, Boston I am a Bruins fan, but feel slightly guilty about it...........



No comments:

Post a Comment